Walker Farms CBD Magazine is committed to ethical and responsible business practices, which include ensuring transparency and taking a strong stance against modern slavery. We recognize our responsibility to promote and uphold human rights, both within our own operations and throughout our supply chains. This Modern Slavery Statement outlines our commitment to preventing modern slavery and describes the steps we take to address this issue.
At Walker Farms CBD Magazine, we define modern slavery as any form of forced labor, human trafficking, child labor, or other exploitative practices. We firmly condemn these practices and strive to ensure that they have no place in our organization or the operations of our suppliers, partners, or contractors.
Policies and Procedures:
We have implemented robust policies and procedures to prevent and address modern slavery. These include:
- Supplier Due Diligence: We conduct thorough assessments of our suppliers to evaluate their adherence to ethical practices, including compliance with anti-slavery and human trafficking laws. We strive to partner with suppliers who share our commitment to upholding human rights.
- Code of Conduct: Our Code of Conduct outlines our expectations regarding ethical conduct, human rights, and labor practices. We communicate this code to our suppliers, partners, and contractors, ensuring they are aware of our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery.
- Contractual Obligations: We include provisions in our contracts that require suppliers, partners, and contractors to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including those related to modern slavery. Non-compliance may result in the termination of the business relationship.
- Training and Awareness: We provide training and awareness programs to our employees, emphasizing the importance of identifying and reporting any potential signs of modern slavery. We encourage a culture of vigilance and accountability.
- Reporting Mechanisms: We maintain a confidential reporting mechanism to enable employees, suppliers, and stakeholders to raise concerns related to modern slavery. We take all reports seriously and ensure appropriate investigations and actions are taken.
- Continuous Improvement: We continuously review and enhance our policies, procedures, and practices to ensure they remain effective in addressing modern slavery risks. We collaborate with industry partners, NGOs, and experts to stay informed about emerging trends and best practices.
Supply Chain Collaboration:
We understand that addressing modern slavery requires collaboration throughout the supply chain. We engage with our suppliers and partners, encouraging them to adopt and implement responsible practices. We seek transparency and conduct periodic audits to assess compliance, identify risks, and implement corrective actions where necessary.
Walker Farms CBD Magazine is committed to continuously improving our efforts to combat modern slavery. In the future, we plan to:
- Conduct Risk Assessments: We will conduct comprehensive risk assessments across our supply chain to identify areas of potential vulnerability and implement targeted mitigation measures.
- Engage Stakeholders: We will actively engage with stakeholders, industry groups, and non-profit organizations to share knowledge, collaborate on best practices, and collectively address modern slavery risks.
- Annual Reporting: We will provide annual updates on our progress in combating modern slavery, ensuring transparency and accountability to our stakeholders.
Walker Farms CBD Magazine is dedicated to preventing modern slavery and protecting human rights. We are committed to driving positive change within our organization, supply chains, and the wider community. Through ongoing diligence, collaboration, and continuous improvement, we strive to eliminate modern slavery in all its forms.
This Modern Slavery Statement will be reviewed and updated periodically to reflect our evolving approach and commitment to combating modern slavery.